SCALEHOBBY.COM FORUMS
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6
Author: Subject: PL Refit Enterprise with Drydock - COMPLETED!!!!!
NemVia
LT COMMANDER

excl.gif posted on 16-4-2007 at 15:11
PL Refit Enterprise with Drydock - COMPLETED!!!!!

:sweat:Well, this is my first Topic for this forum, Hope you enjoy! I have bought 2 PL refit Enterprise kits. One will be the ST:TMP version using the suggested colors on the Model Instructions sheet, the 2nd will be 1701-A with the more traditional look. I really didn't want to paint the 2 models the same. Therefore the first kit will be: as they are finishing up the refit job. Okay? Okay. After I finish Refit E, I will then begin building the Drydock. I will be attempting to mount the ship to the drydock by the saucer rather than the base of the engineering section. I'm working on the armature at this point now. I've been working on this kit since Dec. of '06. I should be finishing up soon. I hope you enjoy looking at this project as much as I have enjoyed building it. All comments and/or suggestions are welcome! Let me know what you think.
-NemVia-

check out the site www.NemVia.com

naplak
ADMINISTRATOR

Mood: Totally Wack!

[*] posted on 16-4-2007 at 15:34

Sounds like a great project! :D

naplak Modeling
A Free Site for Modelers to Obtain & Share all sorts of Modeling Information. Come visit us and see what we have! And you too can add to our site... visit and see how.

My Modeling Blog is at:: http://www.naplakscalemodeling.wordpress.com
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 23-4-2007 at 17:56

:woohoo: Yes, it's quite an undertaking! I just finished some updates on our site! I Just finished put on the armature to mount the PLE to the up and coming Drydock! All of the ships wiring is now completed and awaiting final wiring to the drydock modek and a control panel that I will make later on! I should have a few pics of the model lit in the next few updates. All I have left to do now is some touch-up work and put on the final decals! The I get to start on the Drydock! If anyone has any info on the drydock, plz let me know! I'll need al the references I can find. Hope you enjoy what I have so far. More to come!

-NemVia-

http://www.NemVia.com

Jafo
REAR ADMIRAL

Mood: Detroit… It's not a movie set, it's for real

[*] posted on 23-4-2007 at 20:18

interesting

Isn\'t having a no smoking section in a restaurant like having a no peeing section in a swimming pool?
Gothmog
Unregistered

[*] posted on 30-4-2007 at 09:09
OMG

OMG !!! you....you....

O.K., breathe, slowly, ohmmmmmmmmmm

All I can say is you beat me to it, LOL, and one other thing...

BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!

I am doing the same on my refit, it also will incorporate the protective case too. You went the same EXACT route i did, except I used round tubing, tit for tat, and drilled 3 holes at different points in the tube and ran most of my wiring through it, all in all it is very sturdy and will take the weight with ease, great minds think alike. Mine has less wire, since i have designed and made specialty CB's for various functions, and used a few aftermarket items to enhance the overall appearance and presentation of the ship. It is about 75% complete in design, fab and layout of my "special" parts, when everything is done to my satisfaction, I will post more, and let you know about availability.

On a side note, progress might slow down a tad soon, as I have a few projects incoming, mainly a Rel TOS BoP and a CaptCarboard D7, but only till I get a look at them long enough to set out a primary work plan. I look foward to that.

I am also build a diorama of the refit using the bandia as a base, more details of this will be posted as they develop, needless to say it will be a large diorama.

All I can say to end this is, your doing a great job, keep up the fantastic work...I will be watching....Resistance is futile.....
NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 30-4-2007 at 12:01

:roll:COOOL! And thanks Gothmog! Appreciate the similarities in the thinking! Glad some one else was thinking on these lines as well. The one thing that always ruins the ships in the drydock are the supports of the ship from underneath! This way it will help with the illusion of floating there! As for me, I was happy my armature worked! I was going to use hollow tubing, but I found that there was enough room to work with where the airlock is, so I used the square rod. The wiring, of course will be covered with styrene. I'll be posting pics soon of the completed starship model. That will be the last update for the Big E until I start work on the drydock which will be within the next week or two. I'll check out your stuff after I get through with this. Take care... and Thanx again!

-NemVia-

Pappy
COMMODORE

Mood: We band of brothers

[*] posted on 30-4-2007 at 13:49

Great build and your site is really packed full of info. Thanks added it to mt favorites

\'\' Show me a hero and I\'ll prove he\'s a bum\'\'
NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 30-4-2007 at 18:41
IT's DONE!!! IT'S DONE!!!! YES, IT's Done!

:woohoo: HeY everyone! It's finally finished! The PL Enterprise is done and new pics are on the website! I hope you like the pics! Pls check them out! Now, I can start on the second half of the model the DRYDOCK! Hope you keep following up on it's progress as well! And thanks for visiting our website!

-NemVia-

NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 5-5-2007 at 16:51

:whistle:Okay, now... If I could have everyone's attention.... Time to start the Drydock model... I've begun mapping out the top modules based on TMP shots and also the drydock side panels... If anyone... ANYONE has or knows where to get pics or blueprints of the ST:TMP original drydock, please drop a line.... Upon close examination of the movie I'm seeing a massive amount of details all over the thing even the side panels... (can they really be called panels?.... well you know what I mean). I'll have a few pics posted this coming week of what I have so far.... Again any suggestion are welcome! Thanx!

-NemVia-

NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 13:23

:cool: It's finally started!!! Yes, the drydock is actually being built! I'm starting with the overhead portion first. This part will measure when complete 15" wide by 42" long. I'm searching for any reference pics that include any details that can be seen anywhere on the drydock. On ST:TMP what's visible is extremely limited. So, any suggestions are welcome! I have new pics posted on our site... more to come soon!
-NemVia-

Jafo
REAR ADMIRAL

Mood: Detroit… It's not a movie set, it's for real

[*] posted on 11-5-2007 at 18:20

cool ,keep the undates coming

Isn\'t having a no smoking section in a restaurant like having a no peeing section in a swimming pool?
NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 17-5-2007 at 18:18

:cool: Drydock Update... I've added some progress pics of the drydock to our site. Let us know what you think!

-NemVia-

Griffworks
LT COMMANDER

Mood: Buildin\' The Fleet - Both the Colonial Fleet & the RTF

[*] posted on 19-5-2007 at 07:42

Absolutely fantastic work on the Refit, dude! Beautiful work. Can't wait to see her in the drydock. :woohoo:

NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 28-5-2007 at 13:21

:cool: Thanks! We appreciate the hits and the comments! We have new updated pics on the Drydock's progress. The armature is sturdy and and able to support the weiht of the drydock and the PL Enterprise. Have some pics with the refit model in place. The drydock appears to be in close scale with the PLE. Let us know what you think
-NemVia-

Doctor Noodle
COMMODORE

Mood: Indigo

[*] posted on 28-5-2007 at 17:00

My chin landed in my lap when I saw the shots of your Refit. Beautiful stuff!

Advanced Modeler Syndrome affects modelers worldwide. Won't you help?
Please give generously to the Alanoodle Wants To Buy More Plastic fund.
We accept cash, Paypal and anything that contains toluene or methylene chloride.

Alanoodle's Model Portfolio

NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 5-6-2007 at 07:04

Quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Noodle
My chin landed in my lap when I saw the shots of your Refit. Beautiful stuff!

:cool:Thanks! Hope you enjoy the drydock as well.

-NemVia-

NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 5-6-2007 at 07:09

:cool:In this weeks update I have managed to finish detailing one of the light panels that surround the sides of the ship, also I've started detailing the overhead modules which is quite a project in itself since, except for a few details, are very identical with details. Also, there are no clear pictures of all of the details so for the most part I will be wingin' it. Check it out at our site! Thanks!

-NemVia-

NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 18-6-2007 at 12:03

:cool:Just a minor update this week. Had several suggestions to resin cast the light panels, but since I've never tried that as of yet, I'd rather not start something in the middle of a project. As of today I'll have 10 of the panels completed using an assembly line technique which speeds things up quite a bit. I went from 2.5 hrs per panel to 40 min. ea.. Can it be done quicker than that? Don't know yet. But I do estimate that I'll have all the panels done by the end of this month if nothing interferes. Have only 3 pics for this update. One shows 7 of the completed panels lined up and another has some of the begining details for the overhead modules. Coming along slow but sure. I'm getting more psyched as I go! Hope you are, too. More to come! Stay tuned!

-NemVia-

NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 2-7-2007 at 12:06

:cool:AAAAlrighty THEN! I've finished all of the outside details on all 42 light panels. New pics posted on our website. Next, I'll be adding more details to the overhead modules and then I'll begin the framework for the sides of the drydock. I'm getiing more and more psyched as this model comes together. Thanx for checking us out! Stay tuned! More to come, soooon!

-NemVia-

NemVia
LT COMMANDER

[*] posted on 7-8-2007 at 09:22

:whistle:Yeh... Yeh... I know It's been A while since my last post. Those summertime chores take up too much time.... Anyhoo I should have some update pics of the drydock modules in the next couple of weeks. The detailing is coming along great and should be finished soon. Next I'll be opaqueing the modules then putting a base coat on so I can begin woth the final color... which brings me to my next question...

What IS the next color? I will of course make an approximate guess with this if know one else knows, but Do any of you fine modelers out there have an idea of what the exact color of the drydock is? Has anyone Mixed their own color? I sure would appreciate input on this.

In the meantime, stay tuned for more updates! Thanx!

-NemVia-

Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top